We are often requested to undertake the role of Principal Designer within the construction process to meet the requirement of The Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 – (CDM Regulations).
Principal Designers are required to:
• Plan, manage, monitor and coordinate health and safety during the pre-construction phase.
• Ensure the team work to reduce risks, coordinate information, and generate solutions for construction, maintenance and cleaning that are as risk free and obvious as possible.
• Generate and organise information for the health and safety file and hand this over at the end of their commission.
• Organise and ensure circulation of all pre-existing information on the project.
• Ensure that coherent pre-construction information regarding the project both prior to the current work and as generated by the team is handed over to the Principal Contractor.
This important service is delivered by SDA Partnership as a separate service and by persons with technical knowledge of the construction industry relevant to the project; and with the experience to manage and coordinate the pre-construction phase and any design work after construction begins.